Friday, July 17, 2015

5 For Friday



Today I'm linking up with Doodlebugs Teaching to share a little randomness from my week.



1.


Summer Reading!  My two littles and I earned free shirts from the library's summer reading program. I've read quite a bit this summer and it's been so nice!  Some of my reading has been for my classroom: Wonder, Riding Freedom, Dexter the Tough, and next up is The One and Only Ivan.  I'm planning to have my boys read Dexter the Tough while my girls read The Hundred Dresses. Both books are about bullying/friendship and I think we will have some great discussions!



2.


My littles and I have theme days this summer.  Thursdays are Thinking Thursdays so we can prevent summer slide and also learn new things!  Yesterday they worked on sewing projects (a new skill).  Lots of fun but very time consuming for mom.  


3.


I went to work in my classroom earlier this week. It's a work in progress for sure!  I'm trying a new room layout this year so putting things away is taking forever.  



4.


My new Ipsy bag arrived this week!  It's so cool getting a cute bag full of goodies each month.  I find makeup shopping very stressful, so getting to try new things that just "appear" in my mailbox is perfect for me. 


5.


Pound of Dice.  I already had a small collection of dice--6-sided, dice in dice, and 30-sided.  But when I saw The Brown Bag Teacher's post, I knew I had to add to my collection.  Our first math unit is place value and I have BIG plans for the 10- and 12-sided dice!!!

That's my week in a nutshell. Thanks for reading! 

Renee' J



3 comments:

  1. Isn't it nice to have the time to read over the summer? I love all of the dice, and my kiddos love doing math activities that use dice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ive been reading all summer but its been mostly teacher books. I am reading Paper Towns But I have barely touched it. I change my room every few months depending on how i feel ..

    I love ispy. Its only 10 bucks and you get to try new things.. :)

    Elisa @ Ms.C's Kinder Friends

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a wonderful collection of dice i love it .
    Neha

    ReplyDelete