Friday, July 12, 2013

Favorite Pins Friday!



I'm linking up with First Grade Parade for this week's Favorite Pins Friday!  I chose four of my favorite pins to feature today.  I hope you see something you like, too!  Click on the pics to visit the websites the pins came from.



This Pin from Stories of a House shows how to paint and distress furniture.  I won't get to this project any time soon, but it's definitely on my "list."  I'd love to pick up and odd set of table and chairs (would also love a bench for one side of the table) and then do it up Pottery Barn style!

Two Timin' Pasta Bake

I made this for dinner last night.  Can I just say Yumm Yumm!  I did make two minor changes.  I used shells instead of penne (smaller bites for my little ones) and I added sausage.  Add a little garlic bread and this meal was a winner for my family.




I purchased this little piece of fun from Ideas by Jivey and I cannot wait to use it with my third/fourth graders this year!  I will be their new favorite teacher for sure!!!



I found this pin from One Extra Degree and I fell in love.  I've seen others use the book Donovan's Word Jar and then have an actual jar in their classroom for collecting words.  I like the idea of kids collecting words, but I didn't like the "out of sight, out of mind" issue once the words were in the jar.  This is such a simple solution but a real "aha" moment for me.  I am for sure doing this!


There you have it!  I'm off to see what everyone else has pinned recently.  Maybe I can get a new idea for dinner next week or a new craft project to add to my ever increasing "list."  :-)  Happy Pinning everyone!


post signature




1 comment:

  1. Learning how to paint and distress furniture is definitely on my to-do list too! I'd love to be able to do that! I'll definitely be checking that site out! :)

    Lindsey
    Mrs. Johnson's Little Prowlers

    ReplyDelete